Windows not only use the physical RAM for page files, but also operate virtual memory as a RAM with hard disk. If you keep getting low memory warnings, you can change and increase Virtual Memory size in Windows 8 to enhance system performance.
* Open Control Panel, click on System. Then click the “Advanced system settings” link in the left hand side.
* Go to the Advanced tab of System Properties window, click on Settings button under Performance.
* Under Advanced tab, click Change… button under Virtual memory.
* Uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” option
* Select C: for the disk partition, click on Custom size dot, and type the number in MB for Initial size and Maximum size.
* Then click Apply > OK to restart the system and make changes.