You might have got the issues with the Stylus or Pen. When I put the Surface Pro into sleep mode and then wake it up, the Digitizer pen will be not working and desn’t response. Changing to Balanced power setting in Control Panel but nothing happens.
The issue is casue by the power settings and the stylus detection driver has been disable after wake up. This is a big bug in the Windows 8 Pro OS.
To solve the problem completely, try the following step by step:
* Open Control Panel, and click Hardware and Sound > Device Manager.
* Right-click “Human Interface Devices” listed in USB Input Devices. Select Properties from the content menu.
* Go to Power Management tab, uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option.
If your pen got the intermittent behavior on the tablet, you could go to change the battery to check if it is working again because the life of original battery only last about a month.
The method by ashcanpete Member from surfaceforums.net
* First un-screw the pen tip compartment.
* The cap, the pen tip circuitry and 2 actual plastic buttons will come up separately.
* Bend the little copper tab out slightly. Then reassemble every body carefully and the pen should be fine.
However, If your pen get the broken pen pointer and is not registered by Windows 10/8, you’d better make a replacement.