When I try to install apps and games from Windows store in Surface Pro Windows 8, especially bing/weather app by Microsoft corp, then system displays a error message “Something happened and this app couldn’t be installed. Please try again. Error Code: 0x80073cf9″ Selecting “try again” or “Cancel install” option is not working. The issues also happen while I do update.
You can try these methods to solve the error code 0x80073cf9 in Windows 8 OS:
* Turn off Antivirus software and Firewall temporarily.
* Reset store cache: Press Win + R, type WSReset.exe and hit enter.
* Use File explorer to open C:\Windows folder, and re-create an “AUInstallAgent” folder if it is missing.
* Open command prompt (Admin), type the “sfc /scannow” command and press Enter to run System File Checker.
* Open Registry Editor and delete the whole OLE folder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\