I have bought and downloaded Windows 8 Pro upgrade on my HP Pavilion P6 computer. I installed it and everything worked for two weeks. Today I shut down the PC and restart it, I get the Error Code: 0xc00014c message. The screen display the fowllowing contents:
Your PC needs to be repaired. The Boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors.
File:\Boot\BCD Error code: 0x000014c
You’ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don’t have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.”
Now I haven’t any window 8 recovery disc and also lost my recovery disc for Windows 7. How can I repair the system?
* Keep pressing F11 button from your keyboard during the computer’s start up sequence. Then it will bring up HP recovery manager to launch.
* It will ask if you want to back up any user files, click/tap OK.
* Click Next > System Recovery > Next.
* If it use the Microsoft System Restore program, select NO.
* Click “Continue without backing up your files” > Next, and confirm your options to start the recovery process.