I have a Netgear DG834G router which is set SSID to broadcast. When I try to connect my surface Rt to home Wifi network, the tablet is unable to see any connection and can not detect WiFi. But my computer and iPad work fine without any connectivity issues. Resetting the Network WiFi connection and doing Windows Update are not working for me. How can I fix the issues?
Older routers have many TCP/IP parameters problems. You can try tips to solve the problem on windows 8 or Surface rt/pro:
* The issues may be caused by the router. Try logining to the router’s wireless setting and changing the value of the channel from 12 to 6. Works for me.
* other method:
Login as Administrator, open charm bar, click Search and type cmd into the box. Select the command prompt and type one of the following commands to troubleshoot problems:
1. Disable Windows Scaling heuristics
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
2. Turn off the default RWIN auto tuning
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
3. set Receive-side Scaling(RSS)
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
4. Enable Direct Cache Access (DCA)
netsh int tcp set global dca=enabled
5. Enable Compound TCP Improve throughput(CTCP)
netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp