By default the Windows 8/RT Mail app doesn’t support POP3 mail servers. If you add a POP3 email account from your ISP to the buitl-in mail app, it says that “ask your email provider to switch to IMAP or EAS.” However, with using Outlook.com, you are able to use POP Email on your Surface RT/Pro and Windows 8 computer.
* First log in to your Outlook.com account, click/tap on the gear icon (Options) at the top right, and select “More Mail Settings”.
* In the Options screen, click “Your Email Accounts” link and then “Add a Send-and-Receive Account” button.
* Type your email address and password from your ISP. Clcik Advanced Options, go to input your POP server address and Port number. Make sure that are correct.
* If the server use SSL, check “Requires a secure connection(SSL). If you don’t want to delete message from server, check “Leave a copy of message on the server”. To get these details, you’d better contact your ISP.
* Choose “Outlook.com”, type in your Outlook.com address and password and “Connect” to add it to the Mail app.