I have get a Surface rt to my wife. Now I am outside with laptop and sometime she has trouble with the tablet. I want to use “remote assist” like Windows 7/8 computer or an app from windows store to remote into the unit to help she fix the issues. Is it possible to do that on Windows RT?
Windows RT allows you to remotely access a remote connection to the Surface from other device.
* Type “remote” in the Setting and choose “Invite someone to connect to your PC and help you, or offer to help someone else” from the result.
* Click/Tap Invite someone you trust to help you > Save this invitation as a file, and it will display a 12-digit password for you.
* Open mail app, add the invitation file into attachment, also write down the the above password, and send it to your assistant.
* Open the remote assist software, load up the invitation file and enter the password.
* Then it will make the connection. When the another clicks “Request control” button, the recipients desktop show up.