If your Surface Pro/RT fails to start on or the system just stop working, you could try using the recovery options to refresh or repair the Windows OS and get it working again. So you can easily repair the Windows 10/8 PC, without needing to re-install Windows OS.
How to boot Microsoft Surface Pro/RT into RECOVERY mode
Before begin the process, you need to have a USB flash drive or external storage device and it must have the minimum size of 4GB free space, as well as another full functional Windows 8 tablet or computer.
* plugin your USB storage device to another PC. From Start Screen, type Recovery to search for it, set Settings asd filter, and select the Recovery.
* select ‘Create a recovery drive’, click Next, select your desired one and click Next > Create button.
* When the syst4em copy the files completely, the recovery drive is ready to use.
Go back to your Surface Pro/RT with problem
* Now the created USB drive is the recovery device.
* Shut down your tablet and connect it with your recovery USB device.
* Press and hold the volume down rocker switch + Power button to boot the Surface into recovery mode. It takes about 5 minutes, so you need to have enough patience to wait. Once it’s completed, select the language and go to access the advanced options from the list.