For some users, the printer stopped working after they upgrade to windows 8 pro. It says that print spooler is not functioning and display error message “Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running.” when installed a local/network printer.
How to Fix The print spooler service is not running on Windows 8
* Press Window key + R keys from your keyboard, input “services.msc” and click OK button.
* Locate Printer Spooler service in the Services list and double-click it. Change its startup type to Stop, and then OK.
* Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location below:
remove everything from there. Then go back to double-click “Printer Spooler”, ansd set up “Automatic” as startup type.
* Reboot the computer. If it is still not working, remove some programs like PDF writer or faxing software.
Runing Printer troubleshooter
* Press the Win + W keys, input troubleshooting and click OK button.
* Select Troubleshooting, Click on view all, select Printer > next, and follow the instructions to complete the process.
If you have installed Kasperky Pure 3.0 or KASPERSKY virus in windows 8.1 and that may cause hte issues. You need to make changes with its setting.
* Within Kasperky pure software, click on “Settings”
* Go to “Additional’ on the top > ‘Network’ on the left
* Click on Select > + Add, change port to 9100, Add the description Network printer port, and click OK
* Then uncheck the ‘Network Printer Port, and click ‘Ok button.
If the print spooler is not working after to Windows 8.1, you’d better restore the system from a win 8 backup, deleted all printers and drivers, and run the upgrade again.