Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) allows user to wirelessly stream video and photo to TV. With the new software updates, it is easy to use WiDi on
Surface Pro tablet and Windows 8 computer.
How to Enable Wireless Display (WiDi) on
Surface Pro tablet or Windows 8 PC
* It’s disappointing that the Pro tablet has a Marvell Wireless radio chip and it does not doMiracast either. Make sure you have WiDi 2.0 adapter with latest firmware 188.8.131.52, such as DLink DHD131, Netgear PTV2000 and Belkin F7D4501.
* Download and install the latest software:
Graphics driver for Intel HD 32-bit and 64-bit version link
Intel Wireless ProSet driver and software 15.5.6 version
Intel WiDi Software v184.108.40.206
* Run WiDi software to find your WiDi adapter and connect. When it show “Device Pairing”, on TV screen, enter four-digit security code > continue > IntelWiDiAdapter > Next > Enter the WPS PIN for your television > Next > Update firmware.
* The adapter will restart again > clcik continue on Device Pairing screen > select your WiDi Adapter while ask “Choose a device or printer to add to this PC”
* Now your television will duplicate the computer or Surface’s screen.