Surface Pro running Windows 8 has File History feature that can save the User Profile folders in Libraries (Music, Documents, Videos, and Pictures, Desktop, Contacts, and Favorites.) to any external storage devices as backup and restore them anytime.
How to Backup Surface Pro Windows 8 to network drive using File History
* Make sure your Surface pro tablet is connected to WiFi network and your network drive like NAS.
* From Start Screen, open charms bar, select Search, type Control Panel, press enter, and click it from the result.
* Select System and Security, scroll it down and clcik File History > Turn on button to enable it.
* On the left panel, clcik Advanced setting to change the backup time interval, and offline cache. If you want to share files to other homegroup computer, check “Recommend this drive”.
* Clcik “Change drive” from left sidebar, click “add network location”, and specify a remote network location from Select Folder dialog box. When you click OK to apply it, The File History starts moving your data to network location as backup.