Airplane mode disables all wireless network connections (including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3G network) on your surface tablet completely. You can use this feature on an airplane, or in an area with roaming charges. Then you are still able to use your tablet to listen to music and play game without a wireless network.
How to Turn Airplane Mode On or Off in Surface tablet
In Widnows 8
* Press the Win + D keys to go back to desktop
* Pull your finger from the bezel on the right side of a tablet to the left a little bit. This will bring up the Charms bar.
* Tap Settings > your wireless network icon.
* At the top of the Charms bar, under Airplane mode, move the slider right or left to turn it on or off.
* Open the Control Panel (in category view), go to the Network and Sharing Center link
* Click on the Connect to a network link.
* Move the slider of Airplane mode right to turn it on.
in Windows 10
* Click on the Start menu, open the Setting app, and click on Network and Internet.
* Select Airplane Mode as second option in the left pane.
* Go to its right side pane, under Airplane Mode, move its switch to enable or disable the feature as you need,