When you sign into Surface tablet using your Windows Live ID email address and password, you settings will sync between all computers you use. If you want to switch from a Microsoft account to a local Account, like how it’s on Windows 7, here is the tutorial to help you do that.
For Windows 8
* Open the Charms Bar from the Start screen. SImply swipe in from the right side.
* Tap Setting > More PC Setting.
* Tap on Users in the left pane and tap “Switch to a local account” in the right pane.
* Type your Microsoft account’s password > Next.
* To change to a local account, enter your new user name, password, and password hint. Then tap “Next” > “Sign out and finish”. Now you are able to sign in to your new local user account on Surface tablet.
If you look for the way to revert and converte your Microsoft account back to to a Local One in Windows 10 OS
* From your desktop, click on the Start menu, input accounts in the search box, select “Change your account picture in System setting from the results.
* From the Account pane, Click on the label“Sign in with a local account instead” link.
* Type your current password to confirm that, click Next button.
* Enter a new local username, its password, and hint, click Next > Sign out and finish.
* Once you have signed out, login the new local account and that don’t take effects with the installed Windows Store apps.