The MAC address is the physical address assigned to the WiFi network. If you need to forward some portson Surface Pro tablet, you should first know how to find your MAC address of a network card. Here is the tutorial to do that in Windows 8.1/8.
* Swipe your finger from the right edge leftwards to bring up the Charms bar. Tap on Search, enter “cmd” and open the app. You can also scroll to the right and look for Command Prompt app with a black terminal icon.
* Next going to enter “ipconfig -all” command line to retrieve your MAC address. Then look for your internet address.
Note: The MAC address is listed under the appropriate adapter as Physical Address, and showed as six groups of two hexadecimal digits, separated by hyphens (-), like XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX.
If you need to copy the Physical Address, simply hold and press or right-click in the command prompt and then select Mark from the pop-up menu.
* You can also enter “arp -a” to see the MAC addresses of network devices.
* From your desktop, open Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center.
* Under “view your active networks“, click the small icon for your connection type next to Connections.
* From the dialog, tap Details button, and it is listed there.