When you need to connect your Bluetooth device with your PC running Windows xp/7, you have to install 3rd party Bluetooth drivers or software. The Windows 8.1/8 have built-in Bluetooth software by default, so it is easy to add Bluetooth devices. Here are the how-to tips for that.
How to add or remove Bluetooth keyboard/Mouse on Surface tablet
Note: Make sure you have turned on all of your device.
In Windows 8.1/8
* From Start screen, use your finger to swipe from right side of screen to left for opening Charms bar.
* Touch “More PC settings” at bottom right corner. Tap on the “Devices” option.
* On right plane, all connected devices are listed there. Tap on “Add a device”, and Windows 8 will search for all available Bluetooth devices, then choose your keyboard/Mouse device to connect to. If you want to remove a device, select it from the list, tap on the little minus icon next to the name and then “Yes”.
In Windows 10
* From your desktop, tap or click on the Start menu, and open the Setting app.
* Go to the Devices > Bluetooth > Turn on Bluetooth
* select the device you want to use from the list, and click on Pair option and follow the instructions to complete the process.